- MS.READ means we, us or our MS.READ (M) Sdn Bhd’s group related companies.
- Website means MS.READ (M) Sdn Bhd’s official website at www.msreadshop.com.
- Platform(s) means MS.READ (M) Sdn Bhd’s mobile application, social media and/or websites which the company may own and/or operate from time to time.
- Mobile application means MS.READ (M) Sdn Bhd’s mobile application on iOS and Android software application.
- Applicable laws means the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (‘PDPA 2010’), its subsidiary legislations and regulations as amended from time to time.
- Social media means ‘MS.READ (M) Sdn Bhd’s official pages and accounts on third party social media platforms among others such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Data means any data, whether accurate or false, which are consists among others:-
- about an individual who can be identified either from (i) that data; (ii) that data and other information sources which we have or are likely to have access which would include data from our records as may be updated from time to time;
- which are defined as ‘personal information’ or ‘personal data’ under the PDPA 2010.
Your Personal Information will be processed and stored in Malaysia governed by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (‘PDPA 2010’). Your Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes for which you have not given consent or which are not permitted under the applicable laws.
Collection of Information
Personal Information That You Provide
In general, we collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site. We also collect information that you submit in the process of creating or editing your account and user profile.
Personal Information from Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources with which you have expressly consented to.
If you send an e-mail to us, or fill in our ‘Feedback’ form, we will collect your e-mail address and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files, and other information you provide.
Information Collected Via Technology
As you use our website platform(s) or mobile application, certain information may also be passively collected and stored on our or our service providers’ server logs, including your Internet protocol address, browser type, and operating system.
Online Tracking and Advertising
We may engage, appoint and authorise any third parties to collect, facilitate and use Personal Information, data, ads, cookies and/or similar technologies to provide content, advertising, functionality or performance statistics and data analysis on our website platform(s) or mobile application to determine and/or improve the advertising shown to you here on or through our official social media accounts in order to provide you with an interactive and user online experience.
We do not store sensitive or personal information, such as your address, your password, your credit or debit cards, etc. in the cookies we use. The information stored in our cookies from our website platform(s) or mobile application is used exclusively by us, except for those known as ‘third party cookies’ which are managed by external entities to provide services requested by us to improve our services and user’s experience when browsing our website platform(s) or mobile application. You can choose to have your computer to prompt you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can opt to remove or turn off all cookies which can be done through your browser’s privacy and security settings or options. By disabling or removing cookies from the site, some features will be disabled and it may affect the user’s experience that make the site more efficient and some of our services may or may not function properly especially when placing orders.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; or
- to protect and defend our rights or property, you, or third parties.
Please note that your Personal Information may be transferred, stored and processed outside Malaysia.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot however guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk and you agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security while accessing the internet that is out of our control. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party Websites
Our website may contain links to other sites (the ‘Linked Sites’). We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other Linked Sites. You agree to waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites.
Your Consent and Rights
You are accorded with rights stipulated in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and we will be abide by the provisions in PDPA 2010.
Contact and Revisions
Last updated: 28 August 2020